PHUKET CORPORATE SERVICES
Partnership Registration Fact Sheet
• It normally takes between 3-5 weeks to set up a partnership.
• Only Thai citizens can be directors.
• Minimum no. of partners is 2 persons over 20 years of age.
• Minimum 51% Thai. Maximum 49% of foreign held shares (except if allowed by special foreign treaty, Alien Business Act of approval of Board of Investment).
• Post set up a partner can be a foreign company or your child.
Documentation and information required:
1. Thai partners:
a. 5 signed copies of house registration and ID card
b. Evidence of funds and how such funds have been obtained e.g.
i. Certified Employer’s letter
ii. Bank book and last 6 months statements
iii. Sale of personal assets and agreement or money transfer
iv. Loan and copy of loan agreement and money transfer
2. Foreigner shareholders:
a. 2 signed copies of passport
b. Full address
a. 2 signed copies of house registration and ID card or
b. 2 signed copies of passport
4. Partnership address – office/place of work. Different Thailand branches
5. Name of partnership – 3 alternative names can be submitted. All names must
either be in the format of:
a. XXX Co.,Ltd or
b. XXX Phuket Co.,Ltd
6. Evidence of partnership address: A signed approval letter from the house owner,
a signed copy of their ID card and signed copy of the landowner’s